1. After Logging in, an admin menu should appear on the page, if not you can try going to this url: http://www.example.com/admin. The menu contains the following main headings: My Account, Create Content, Recent Posts, Administer, Log Out. Click "Administer"then "Content Management", and finally "Content" in the admin menu to see something similar to the example below:
2. Locate the content (Node) you want to edit, such as the "Home Page" in the example above - In the example above we are editing the Home Page, wich is a Page content Type (read more about content Types here). Now click Edit in the right column. Tip: If your web site has a lot of content and you can't find what you are looking for, you may use the content filters at the top of the page.
3. On the next screen, you will be editing the content of the Page (or Node). This can include the following:
- Title - The title of the Page or content
- Menu Settings - Use this to add or edit the link to this content type in your navigation menus. The "Menu Link Title" controls the text the menu link displays, the "Parent Item" select list determines which menu to add the item to, and "Weight" determines how far up or down the menu list this item will appear. Note that The "Parent Item" list may contain menus that are not enabled for your web site.
- Body - which is often the bulk of the content and uses a WYSIWYG editor to help you format the text and images, similar to Miscoroft Word. To learn how to use your WYSIWYG Editor, click here.
- Input Format - Determines how the Body text is interpreted, if you are having formatting trouble, set it to "Full HTML"
- Revision Information - An optional explanation of the additions or updates being made to help other authors understand your motivations.
- URL Path Settings - You may manually assign a url to the new page or content, relative to the web site root. This is helpful if you want to create a easy-to-remember url for customers. For example if you wanted to create the foilowing url: http://www.example.com/winter-sale, you would enter the text "winter-sale" in this field - without the quotes.
- Comment Settings - Allows visitors to comment on this item, similar to a product reviews, or a forum. Global comment settings will control who can read, edit or create comments, so be sure that is configured before enabling this feature. For additional details on enabling comments on your new site, please contact Classic Ridge Designs.
- File Attachments (If Enabled) - Allows you to attach a file to the node, and is used in a variety of ways. This can range from an image for a photo gallery, to mp3s for a podcast.
- Authoring Informatiuon - You may enter your name or leave blank for anonymous. This is most used when a large number of users can create content, such as on a Forum or Bulletin Board.
- Publishing Options - Be sure to click the "Published" boxwhen your content is ready to be viewed by anonymous users. The other options may or may not be utilized in you particular web site, please contact Classic Ridge Designs if you have a question about that.
4. After making changes, be sure to scroll to the bottom and click the "Save" button.
Next you can learn how to create new content with Drupal (coming soon)
Add to Favourites
Print this Article